An Elevating Voyage to Trivandrum
STARTS FROM₹ 3440.88
WHAT TO EXPECT
Set out on an excursion through the historic and traditional city of Trivandrum.
We start with a visit to the 260 year-old Padmanabhaswamy Temple built in obeisance to Lord Vishnu. This temple exhibits a blend of the Kerala and Dravidian styles of architecture and is admired for its exquisite paintings and intricate carvings. Officially, this shrine allows entry only to the Hindu community.
Moving on, we reach the fascinating Horse Palace. It features 122 wooden pillars engraved in the form of racing horses. Next on our list is the Napier Museum and Sree Chithra Art Gallery, which are two of the most significant museums in Trivandrum.
The Napier Museum is built using wooden architecture that was influenced by the Chinese and Mughal styles. Exhibiting an assorted collection of rare archaeological artefacts, ornaments, bronze idols, Buddhist sculptures, ivory carvings and a temple chariot, this architectural wonder was dates back to the 19th century.
We wind down at the enchanting Sree Chithra Art Gallery that houses the finest paintings of renowned artists like Svetlova, Raja Ravi Varma and Nicholas Roerich. It also showcases wonderful works from the Thanjavur, Rajput and Mughal schools of art. The gallery's priceless compilations also include paintings from Tibet, Bali, Japan and China.
- Services of an English speaking guide.
- Meals(lunch) if applicable.
- All Currently Applicable Taxes Including GST
- Entrance fee - Shri Chitra Art Gallery & Napier Museum.
- Transportation in an air-conditioned car from hotel and back.
- Any services not specified under inclusions
- Expense of personal nature like tipping, and alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, camera/video camera fee, medical expenses etc
- Any other optional services
- It is mandatory to carry a valid photo identity card (Passport / Aadhaar card/ Driving License / Voter ID card).
- Food preferences, dietary restrictions, and/or allergies (if any) to be mentioned at the time of booking. (Only added if meals included)
- Please wear decent clothing while visiting places of religious significance.Please wear comfortable clothes to enjoy your tour around.Please refrain from using any offensive comment about any religion.Please book the tour accordingly as - Chitra Art Gallery remain closed on Monday & Napier Museum remain closed on Wednesday and Monday.