Kayaking through tropical forests
STARTS FROM₹ 7735.61
WHAT TO EXPECT
Thekkady is a tourist paradise widely known for being one of the largest wildlife sanctuaries in India. With roads winding through serene a country side and blankets of thick forests, it is nestled around a large artificial lake across the Periyar River. Apart from its wildlife treasure, it is also famed for vast expanses of coffee and spice plantations.
This morning, drive to Neriyamangalam, a village in Ernakulam district on the banks of Periyar River. Meet your kayaking guide who will brief you about the safety measures and the course of your kayaking sojourn. Channelling through the waters of the Periyar River towards the lowland forest of Thattekad, reach an eco resort on the banks of the river nestled amidst lush greenery. Witness the breathtaking beauty of the mountains and the woods across the river as you drift forward through the river.
The landscape of Thattekad comprises of tropical evergreen, deciduous forests and patches of grasslands giving it a surreal picture perfect splendour with occasional sightings of exotic birds. The Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary here is home to more than 500 species of birds, many animals and a variety of reptiles. Your accompanying guide will assist you to identify some of these creatures and share interesting anecdotes about the life around Periyar.
- Meals as specified in the itinerary.
- All currently applicable taxes including GST.
- Transportation in an air-conditioned car.
- All road taxes, parking fee, fuel charges, interstate taxes.
- Imported Prijon Kayaks
- Accompanying Guide
- Lunch, Refreshment and mineral water while kayaking
- Any other optional services / meals.
- Any items or services not specified in the 'Package Includes' list.
- Expense of personal nature like tipping, and alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, camera/video camera fee, medical expenses etc.
- It is mandatory to carry a valid photo identity card (Passport / Aadhaar card/ Driving License / Voter ID card).
- No Refund will be given for unutilized services.
- At this point of time no services are confirmed and the same is subject to availability.