Parsurampura : A town of lost murals & frescos
STARTS FROM₹ 1628.40
WHAT TO EXPECT
Parsurampura, home of the fearless and boisterous Shekhawatis is also famous for it’s antediluvian Havelis that are full of architectural grace and are intricately adorned with timeless frescos. Under the deft guidance of a historian explore the 18th century Haveli of Shamji Saraf which houses elaborate paintings of Hindu deities along with European men and women. The archaic Havelis gracefully don the dilapidation cause by ravages of time and still manage to enthrall you with it’s architectural finesse. Soak in the adroitness of the detailed murals in the Chhatri of Thakur Sardul Singh which depict the history of Gods and goddesses. Painted using natural and agrestal colors in the 18th century, the divine and erotic display of art on the walls of the Haveli is an awe inspiring experience. The art depicted on the walls elegantly portray the sublime story of Dhola and Maru which is analogous to the love story of Romeo and Juliet; it is a well known and beautiful anecdote of the region. Strolling through the obsolete Haveli in the company of your historian unravel the saga behind these enigmatic paintings that cover it’s every nook and corner and bask in the grandeur of the baroque doorways and the intricate carvings on the pillars.
- All currently applicable taxes including GST.
- Services of an English speaking Guide
- Any other optional services / meals.
- Any services not specified under inclusions
- Expense of personal nature like tipping, and alcholic and non-alcoholic beverages, camera/video camera fee, medical expenses etc.
- Carry sunglasses, hat, sunscreen and water. It is mandatory to carry a valid photo identity card (Passport / Aadhaar card/ Driving License / Voter ID card).
- The tour operates at a pre-decided time and designated point.
- Please wear clothes of shades that blend with the natural environment. Please wear comfortable walking shoes to enjoy your tour around.