The journey of tea from leaves to cups
STARTS FROM₹ 1203.60
WHAT TO EXPECT
Thekkady is widely known for being one of the largest wildlife sanctuaries in India. With roads winding through serene country side and blankets of thick forests, it is nestled around a large artificial lake across the Periyar River. Apart from its wildlife treasure, it is also famed for vast expanses of tea, coffee and spice plantations.
Today, visit a famous tea factory in Thekkady and get to know how the magic is brought to a cup. The finest teas in the world come in a wide range of varieties and demand special attention. Tea cultivation was introduced in India by the British when they found that the climate and soil conditions of the hilly areas of Kerala were suitable. Ever since, Kerala has been renowned not only as a coffee capital, but also as a tea destination. Observe the process of transformation of tea leaves in to a refreshing cup of a natural drink loved by millions around the globe. Later, refresh yourself with a high tea.
- All road taxes, parking fee, fuel charges, interstate taxes (if transfer option is selected)
- Services of an English speaking guide.
- Transportation in an air-conditioned car (if transfer option is selected)
- All currently applicable taxes including GST.
- Expense of personal nature like tipping, and alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, camera/video camera fee, medical expenses etc.
- Any items or services not specified in the 'Package Includes' list.
- Any other optional services / meals.
- It is mandatory to carry a valid photo identity card (Passport / Aadhaar card/ Driving License / Voter ID card).
- Transportation cost is based on considering city centred hotel & within the city limits
- Please refrain from smoking or drinking at public places and places of religious importance.Please wear decent clothing while visiting places of religious significance.Please wear comfortable walking shoes to enjoy your tour around.Please refrain from using any offensive comment about any religion.Please refrain from clicking pictures where photography is prohibited.
Please stand behind the crowd-control bars and ropes, where it exists.