Exploring the Heritage Village of Garli
STARTS FROM₹ 3102.46
WHAT TO EXPECT
Proceed for an exciting tour to the heritage village of Garli. Located in the beautiful Kangra valley of Himachal Pradesh, this little village has lot to offer its tourists. Explore the narrow streets, wooden havelis, antique villas and beautiful roofed houses here. Garli is an eclectic mix of Rajasthani and Himachali styles of architecture.
Visit Naurang Yatri Niwas that’s located in the heritage village. This brick structure was built by Rai Bahadur Mohan Lal for the then Lt Governor of Punjab to come down and attend the wedding of his daughter. Soon, it became a place of accommodation for many merchants and travellers who visited Garli for trade purposes.
We move on to Chateau Garli, a magnificent heritage property built in the year 1921. Located in the Dhauladhar mountain range, it’s a perfect getaway for tourists and travellers to explore the beauty of the Kangra Valley. This ancient building was restored with a blend of Portuguese, Mughal, Rajasthani, colonial and Kangri styles of architecture. The place offers a perfect feeling of home away from home experience.
Go around the village observing the villas of Garli. Explore the local houses and temples in the area and enjoy a talk with the local folks. Listen to their stories and learn about the life they live. Spend some time talking in Pahari which is the language of the Himalayan region.
Finish off with a visit to the Kaleshwar Mahadev Temple. Located about 8 kilometres from Pragpur, the temple is also known as Kalesar. It’s an ancient temple that’s dedicated to Lord Shiva, and houses the popular Shiva lingam which attracts a lot of people here. There is also a crematorium beside the temple. Another of the attractions here is the sacred pond. The temple is visited by a large number of devotees and tourist during Shivaratri and the month of Shravan.
Come on this exciting journey with us!
- All currently applicable taxes including GST
- Transportation in an air-conditioned car.
- Services of an English speaking guide.
- Any other optional services / meals.
- Expense of personal nature like tipping, and alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, camera/video camera fee, medical expenses etc.
- Any services not specified under inclusions.
- It is mandatory to carry a valid photo identity card (Passport / Aadhaar card/ Driving License / Voter ID card).
- Please refrain from using any offensive comment about any religion.Please refrain from smoking or drinking at public places and places of religious importance. Please refrain from clicking pictures where photography is prohibited.Please wear decent clothing while visiting places of religious significance.Please wear comfortable walking shoes to enjoy your tour around.